August 10, 2010

Center for Ministry's Dr. Ed Hogan will make move to Saint Louis Seminary, Pontifical Institute

Dr. Ed Hogan has accepted a position in the Archdiocese of Saint Louis, Mo., where he will serve on the faculty at Kenrick-Glennon Seminary and as the Director of the Pontifical Paul VI Institute for Catechetical and Pastoral Studies. He will continue to serve as the Director of the Center for Ministry and Department of Formation until the end of October before departing for Saint Louis.

Dr. Hogan came to the Diocese of Saginaw four years ago, in August of 2006. During his time here he served as the Diocesan Theologian, Director of Deacon Formation, member of the Education Department, Director of the Center for Ministry and Office of Formation and Theology 101 columnist for FAITH Saginaw magazine.

"Of course, this is an exciting opportunity for me and my family. At the same time, we are sad to leave the good friends and good work we have found here in the Diocese of Saginaw," he said.

"I want to express my thanks to Bishop Cistone: Your heart and ministry have been the source of many graces for me!  I want to thank the priests of the Diocese: You have been unfailingly kind to me and my family. And I want to thank the many people I have met and known here: You welcomed me warmly when I was a stranger, and I count it as a great blessing that we part as friends. We will continue to hold you all in our hearts and prayers - please keep us in yours."

Bishop Cistone has expressed his deep gratitude for Dr. Hogan's many contributions to the Diocese of Saginaw.

"Dr. Hogan's sound theology, organizational skills and personal kindness have been great blessings to our Diocese," he said. "His presence and professional service will be surely missed.  I wish Dr. Hogan and his family many blessings as they prepare to relocate and begin a new phase in their lives."

No comments: